Monday, September 17, 2012

Green Juice Recipe

With busy schedules, at times it can be hard to fit in all the necessary greens our bodies need. I try to make this juice at least once a week. I love the flavor and the good thing is, it tastes pretty good. It's even two year old approved ;) My son loves it, of course I dilute it with some water or ruby red grapefruit juice. Since this is highly concentrated, he only gets a small amount. 

Ingredients:
1 Bag pre-washed Spinach
1-2 Bunches of Kale
3- Small Granny Smith apples
3- Stalks of Celery
1- Cucumber
1- Lemon (skin and all)




If you have a juicer, I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. The reason I add the skin of the lemon is because it adds a zing that makes the juice taste very refreshing, same with the cucumber. The sweetness from the green apple cancels out the bitter flavor of the kale without taking away from its nutritional content. I also have other recipes I switch up with the 'green juice' I will be posting those soon. Until then, what are some of your favorite juice combinations/ingredients? 


No comments:

Post a Comment