I love sliders! It could be the fact they are mini, and almost anything that is mini I find cute. But food can't be good just because it looks cute, right? Well these sliders are both! They are just as delicious as they are cute. I am a big fan of anything with a strong acidic, vinegar taste, so it seemed like a good idea to add balsamic vinegar to the caramelized onions and let the two flavors meld together. The outcome was too good, but you will have to give it a try and let me know what you think.
What I used:
1lb. ground sirloin
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. salt & pepper
1 tbsp. Steak seasoning
1 white onion
Dill pickles, sliced on the edge longways
Balsamic vinegar, just a splash
Dinner rolls, sliced or Slider buns
Recipe makes 12 Sliders
1. Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder and steak seasoning with ground beef. Make 12 mini burger patties.
2. Heat a stainless steel skillet on medium heat, add a drop or two of olive oil. Place the burger patties, six at a time on the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
3. In a separate skillet, drizzle about 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter and heat on medium to medium low. Take one whole white onion and slice in half, (long half rings), toss onions in skillet and cook until soft. Add 2 good splashes of balsamic vinegar and let cook down, about 10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Take slider buns and place on a baking sheet. butter both buns and place in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Assemble sliders with sliced dill pickles and a bit of mustard, enjoy!